Team IGN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase?

+6
zelda_master_timmy
jjvirus
Link
Neoxon
Levi
Super Smash Bros. Fan
10 posters

Go down

Is The Conduit the Wii's savior for the hardcore fanbase?

Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_lcap13%Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_lcap87%Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_rcap 87% 
[ 7 ]
Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_lcap0%Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_lcap0%Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? Empty Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase?

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 pm

After checking IGN review of The Conduit just now, while it proves to be a great game, it'll make people think twice before keeping their Wii's. So this brings the question. Is The Conduit the savior of the Wii?

I voted No, but it's in the right direction to save the hardcore fanbase by High Voltage Software.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? Empty Re: Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase?

Post by Levi Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:41 pm

I think it will eventually save wii hardcore base as more developer follow suit with good games. We already see this in RS 2 and Silent Hill. Both look very good.
Levi
Levi
Team IGN Member/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase? Empty Re: Is The Conduit going to be the savior of the Wii hardcore fanbase?

Post by Neoxon Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:43 pm

It'll save the fanbase in the long run.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:15 am

I voted, Yes, this game will save the hardcore fanbase from crumbling on the Wii.
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:43 am

Link wrote:I voted, Yes, this game will save the hardcore fanbase from crumbling on the Wii.

Wow, talk about positive. Keep it up. cheers
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 am

Link wrote:I voted, Yes, this game will save the hardcore fanbase from crumbling on the Wii.

Now that's really positve!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:13 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:

Now that's really positve!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jjvirus Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:18 am

Will it be the savior? No. I doubt anything at this point will put the Wii towards anything hardcore. It may, but I don't see anything hardcore coming out of Nintendo until next gen due to the fact there isn't anything hardcore you can do with the system -_-
jjvirus
jjvirus
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 am

jjvirus wrote:Will it be the savior? No. I doubt anything at this point will put the Wii towards anything hardcore. It may, but I don't see anything hardcore coming out of Nintendo until next gen due to the fact there isn't anything hardcore you can do with the system -_-

Well this isn't entirely true, I mean look at some of the great hardcore games that have been or will be developed for the Wii. Such as:

TC
Red Steel 2
Super Mario Galaxy
'' '' '' 2
The Grinder cheers
TC 2 (most likely)
New Super Mario Bros Wii (yes, I qualify this as hardcore)
Metroid: Other M
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by jjvirus Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 am

Hmmm I can agree with Metroid, TC, and SMG 2, idk though. I guess my previous post was a tad biased since Nintendo is often criticized for making casual games, and I am easily persuaded so that doesn't help much. I guess the Wii has a FEW hardcore releases coming our way...
jjvirus
jjvirus
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:47 am

Thank you for at least varying you opinion slightly Very Happy
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by zelda_master_timmy Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:37 pm

This may be a step in the right direction, hopefully The Conduit is as good as I want it to be though
zelda_master_timmy
zelda_master_timmy
Clan Leader/Admin
Clan Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm

zelda_master_timmy wrote:This may be a step in the right direction, hopefully The Conduit is as good as I want it to be though

It will be better then what you wanted it to be. Smile
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm

zelda_master_timmy wrote:This may be a step in the right direction, hopefully The Conduit is as good as I want it to be though

Prepare to be pleased.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Strife Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Don't forget

Silent Hill
Cursed Mountain
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Dead Space
Muramasa
No More Heroes 2
Monado
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Great games are coming for Wii

@OnTopic:
I don't think The Conduit is the savior because for me i don't think there's anything to be saved.
I do consider this game to be the first of a series of mature games that will shed the "casual console" skin on the Wii.
Strife
Strife
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Strife wrote:Don't forget

Silent Hill
Cursed Mountain
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Dead Space
Muramasa
No More Heroes 2
Monado
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Great games are coming for Wii

@OnTopic:
I don't think The Conduit is the savior because for me i don't think there's anything to be saved.
I do consider this game to be the first of a series of mature games that will shed the "casual console" skin on the Wii.

All of the games you've mentioned about are potentially great games.

You won't believe this but Nintendo has always been casual, whenever we like it or not. However, this game will start convincing third-party developers to make more hardcore and better games for the Wii.

Last edited by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Strife Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I disagree.
The whole casual/hardcore games don't apply to Nintendo, they have always made game's that are meant to be played by everyone.
The "Hardcore" games we think Nintendo makes are games that are a franchise and have been here for long time (Mario, Zelda, Metroid). And even with time we've come to accept some games, that people might consider "casual", "hardcore" like Animal Crossing and i'm pretty sure Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus will be accepted too.

The "hardcore" age started ever since the Bit wars, first it was:
"The more bits, more pixels the more hardcore the game was"
Then it went to the "realism" age with:
"The more realistic the more hardcore the game was"

I think that the wii and nintendo ended the "realism" agre or is trying to do so.
In the end, there's nothing to be saved, what some people think is "hardcore" now, it was "casual" in the past. Wink
Strife
Strife
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Wii Sports and Wii Fit will never be considered hardcore. Hardcore does not mean realism. Hardcore means it is a game that means something, and that gives the gamer satisfaction in playing. It needs to be a real videogame. One with a plot, or game mechanics, and a purpose. Games like Wii Sports and Fit, are more like infomercial products or something.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strife Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Strife
Strife
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Levi wrote:Wii Sports and Wii Fit will never be considered hardcore. Hardcore does not mean realism. Hardcore means it is a game that means something, and that gives the gamer satisfaction in playing. It needs to be a real videogame. One with a plot, or game mechanics, and a purpose. Games like Wii Sports and Fit, are more like infomercial products or something.

Yeah, Wii Sports and Wii Fit are more like fitness games.
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. lizard Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm kinda sick of the "Only violent games can be hardcore." A hardcore game is a good game with a large fanbase, and high replay value. now will the Conduit be the savior of the wii FPS genre? yes probably. They advertized it correctly and I can't wait to play it. I'll see you all online tuesday.
Mr. lizard
Mr. lizard
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickthestick2 Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 pm

The only way that the "hardcore" are going to be saved on the Wii is if developers (including Nintendo) start focusing much more on the superior control and ineractivity that only the Wii can provide right now. The controls are supposed to be the selling point of the Wii. Why do you think Wii Sports sold so well, Miis? Hell no, It was the interactivity and fun people saw in actually controlling games in a much more fun way.

As games like Conduut and Red Steel 2 and Tiger Woods 2010 and Wii Sports Resort etc. come out, games start to become less of "OMG look at teh grafx, dis game looks awesomez!!1!!1!" and more of "OMG use these controls, this game plays great!!!!!".

And to Strife, The Conduit us an EXTREMELY CASUAL game, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense.
rickthestick2
rickthestick2
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UND1SPUT3D_1 Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 pm

rickthestick2 wrote:The only way that the "hardcore" are going to be saved on the Wii is if developers (including Nintendo) start focusing much more on the superior control and ineractivity that only the Wii can provide right now. The controls are supposed to be the selling point of the Wii. Why do you think Wii Sports sold so well, Miis? Hell no, It was the interactivity and fun people saw in actually controlling games in a much more fun way.

As games like Conduut and Red Steel 2 and Tiger Woods 2010 and Wii Sports Resort etc. come out, games start to become less of "OMG look at teh grafx, dis game looks awesomez!!1!!1!" and more of "OMG use these controls, this game plays great!!!!!".

And to Strife, The Conduit us an EXTREMELY CASUAL game, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense.

It was kinda packaged with the wii lol!
UND1SPUT3D_1
UND1SPUT3D_1

Back to top Go down

Post by rickthestick2 Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm

UND1SPUT3D_1 wrote:
rickthestick2 wrote:The only way that the "hardcore" are going to be saved on the Wii is if developers (including Nintendo) start focusing much more on the superior control and ineractivity that only the Wii can provide right now. The controls are supposed to be the selling point of the Wii. Why do you think Wii Sports sold so well, Miis? Hell no, It was the interactivity and fun people saw in actually controlling games in a much more fun way.

It was kinda packaged with the wii lol!

Well we all know that most of the Wii sales come from 'expanded audience' gamers, and not the 'hardcore'. Why would people who never played video games before, or never wanted to, all of a sudden go out to buy the Wii? If Wii Sports never existed, Wii would surely not have sold as much as it did.

Software is what sells hardware, not the other way around. No one buys a system without wanting to use its sofrware features. Games sell Consoles, Consoles don't sell games.

So in truth the game Wii Sports came bundled with a machine used to play it (as well as other games in the future). That's how people saw it, and that's why people buy it.

It doesn't really matter anyway. As long as both Nintendo and their customers are happy, nothing else really matters.
rickthestick2
rickthestick2
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down