Team IGN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel?

+3
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Neoxon
Levi
7 posters

Go down

The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel? Empty The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel?

Post by Levi Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:16 pm

We finally have some sales data for The Conduit. According to this source, and records from the online multiplayer server records, TC must have sold around 100,000 units. The also predict a total of 300,000 units will be sold overall.

Now the only way that HVS will make a sequel is if development costs were under 5 million. If so, we can be 90% sure there will be a sequel.

YAY!
Levi
Levi
Team IGN Member/Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel? Empty Re: The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel?

Post by Neoxon Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:21 pm

I hope so. The ending has a serious cliffhanger (I'll stop there for spoiler reasons), & a sequel is needed.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel? Empty Re: The Conduit Sales - Will it lead to a Sequel?

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:51 pm

@Neoxon: What's an cliffhanger in games?

With a sale of 300,000, I'm not sure. It should be at least a million.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Neoxon: What's an cliffhanger in games?

Can't say (no spoilers).
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:05 am

A cliffhanger is when the game's story ends abruptly at a crucial point, maybe even the climax. It keeps you guessing and waiting for more.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Levi wrote:

A cliffhanger is when the game's story ends abruptly at a crucial point, maybe even the climax. It keeps you guessing and waiting for more.

Thank you for the explination. The Conduit cliffhanger was surley unexpected. In fact, it had two cliffhangers.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:50 pm

The Conduit 2 WILL BE EPIC!
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:04 pm

I got an update on sales. So far, The Conduit has sold 180,000 thousands copies.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UND1SPUT3D_1 Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I got an update on sales. So far, The Conduit has sold 180,000 thousands copies.

link?
UND1SPUT3D_1
UND1SPUT3D_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 pm

UND1SPUT3D_1 wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I got an update on sales. So far, The Conduit has sold 180,000 thousands copies.

link?

I'm sorry, but I cannot find it. In fact, the latest one that I found NOT from VGZChart is anything but good news. Please read on and weep for the death of the hardcore fanbase for Nintendo (Not litterally, but we'll barley have any hardcore gamers on the Wii left because of this.):

http://www.examiner.com/x-8263-Detroit-Video-Game-Industry-Examiner~y2009m7d17-The-Conduit-is-another-hardcore-failure-for-Wii
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
UND1SPUT3D_1 wrote:

link?

I'm sorry, but I cannot find it. In fact, the latest one that I found NOT from VGZChart is anything but good news. Please read on and weep for the death of the hardcore fanbase for Nintendo (Not litterally, but we'll barley have any hardcore gamers on the Wii left because of this.):

http://www.examiner.com/x-8263-Detroit-Video-Game-Industry-Examiner~y2009m7d17-The-Conduit-is-another-hardcore-failure-for-Wii
That guy is f**king retarded, It was only in june for a WEEK. So F**K em. I go to IGN and they predict great sales.
John
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
UND1SPUT3D_1 wrote:

link?

That would be sad news, if VGcharts had an ounce of legitimacy.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

180,000, hmm not bad. I hope it hit's 300,000.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by zeldafreak76 Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:05 pm

It says on wikipeadia that HVS were disapointed with the sales so a sequel might not happen. but hey, we've still got gladiator and the grinder to look folward to.
zeldafreak76
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down