Team IGN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread.

+11
im_a_WMD
C. J.
HeadShotx3
Darthwookie86
Super Smash Bros. Fan
UND1SPUT3D_1
IceMario92
Strife
Neoxon
Levi
zelda_master_timmy
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread. Empty Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread.

Post by zelda_master_timmy Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:32 am

Discuss all other websites or groups we may want to face. I suggest upon release we shouldnt do this yet, until we have plenty of practice and such.
zelda_master_timmy
zelda_master_timmy
Clan Leader/Admin
Clan Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread. Empty Re: Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread.

Post by Levi Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 am

Are gonna do team practices and stuff, and try out different strategies when we face other clans?
Levi
Levi
Team IGN Member/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread. Empty Re: Clan Wars and Matches, the official thread.

Post by Neoxon Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Levi wrote:Are gonna do team practices and stuff, and try out different strategies when we face other clans?

Sounds good to me
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Strife Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Well the team is growing pretty quick and the limit cap is 6 per team on a online match so we'll have to divide the clan in 2 teams that have the same strenght.

The weapons im good at are automatics and pistols and im a pretty decent sharp shooter with a sniper.

When we get the game we can all post are time zones and when can we go online to do some drills and stuff.
Strife
Strife
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:38 pm

On Call of Duty 4, I am amazing with the mp5, so I guess that would probably go for this game too. I love sniping more than rushing, but I'm still better at rushing.

Last edited by Levi on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Levi wrote:On Call of Duty 4, I am amazing with the mp5, so I guess that would probably go for this game two. I love sniping more than rushing, but I'm still better at rushing.

I usually get killed when I (or my dad) rush.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceMario92 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm pretty sure when the conduit comes out, there will probably be noobs. after all not only nintendo fans buy the wii.

can you sprint in this game??? or does the character run fast enough?
IceMario92
IceMario92
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:30 pm

IceMario92 wrote:I'm pretty sure when the conduit comes out, there will probably be noobs. after all not only nintendo fans buy the wii.

Unfortunately there is no sprint option, just like in Halo.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Levi wrote:
IceMario92 wrote:I'm pretty sure when the conduit comes out, there will probably be noobs. after all not only nintendo fans buy the wii.

Unfortunately there is no sprint option, just like in Halo.

Yeah, that sucks
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UND1SPUT3D_1 Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:29 pm

Strife wrote:Well the team is growing pretty quick and the limit cap is 6 per team on a online match so we'll have to divide the clan in 2 teams that have the same strenght.

The weapons im good at are automatics and pistols and im a pretty decent sharp shooter with a sniper.

When we get the game we can all post are time zones and when can we go online to do some drills and stuff.

Why would we divide into 2 strenght teams? Wouldn't it be better to put the best six on one team and everyone else on another? We don't have to use the teams for practice.
UND1SPUT3D_1
UND1SPUT3D_1

Back to top Go down

Post by zelda_master_timmy Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 pm

UND1SPUT3D_1 wrote:
Strife wrote:Well the team is growing pretty quick and the limit cap is 6 per team on a online match so we'll have to divide the clan in 2 teams that have the same strenght.

Why would we divide into 2 strenght teams? Wouldn't it be better to put the best six on one team and everyone else on another? We don't have to use the teams for practice.

Were probably going to use the best 6.

However this dont mean people will be left out because were all going to play eachother randomly mixed to practice (like undisputed said)

If we have 5 good players and 1 player that isnt as good as the rest, hes not even going to really have fun if he keeps getting killed and stuff.

One of the main objectives is for everyone to improve and everyone be at a similar level.
zelda_master_timmy
zelda_master_timmy
Clan Leader/Admin
Clan Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:26 am

UND1SPUT3D_1 wrote:

Probably a good idea, we will use the best six for competitive clan matches and such. We are so gonna own, even though I prolly won't be in the top 6. I'll try to be though. Very Happy
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08 am

If we get more then 12 (Sounds likely), we should have something like this. Let's say if our clan has 56 players, it would be like this as we train each other:

Elites (1st-8th)
Top 12 players (9th-21st) (2 elite members helping the other member out)
Bottom 12 players (44th-56th) (2 elite members helping the other members out)
Normal players (22nd-43rd) (2 elite members helping the other members out)
Newest 12 players (2 elite members helping the other members out)

We'll give the newest 12 players in our clan who has The Conduit and Wii Speak a week alone to see how well they rank. Depending on how good they are, they'll be ranked in either the Top 6, the Top 12 after the elites, the normal players, or the bottom 12 players. In order to get higher into the ranking set by ourself, they'll need to challenge the bottom person of a rank by us to see if they are worthy of that postition. The Elites will battle among themself to see who is the best and will constantly do it. The people that will go do the clan wars will be the elites and the top four to the top 12 players that are behind the elites. That way, we can see what the members needs to improve on to prove ourself as the ultimate The Conduit clan! What do you think of the idea?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:15 am

Nice idea SSB fan. But I don't think we should face off against each other to see who is better. Personally, I don't think 1 on 1's are a test of skill IMO.

Reason number 1, it's basically whoever sees the other first.

Reason number 2, once one person finds good weapon, it's hard for the other to rebound. Unlike in FFA or team, where two players can strategize to take down the person with the monster weapon.

For example, in Call of Duty 4 I am ok at 1 vs 1, but if there are many ppl in the match, I am a force to reckon with. Maybe we should hold FFA's and just weed out the best players in those.

Let's say we have 48 members. After holding a couple of FFA matches we pick out the top 12 consistent players to be the elite.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthwookie86 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 am

If the Team got to be that big then it would be a great Idea. I personally would like to see a more exclusive clan that is somewhat of a challenge to get into. This way we can keep a good reputation buy bringing in really good players. Everyone that is in the clan now is in for sure. But if some one decides to quit then we will have a tryout to fill the 12th spot. Or if there is someone no one is getting along with or someone that everyone can agree is bringing the team down in some way or another could be voted off by clan members. When holding tryouts all clan members could play with the person trying out, allowing them to cast a vote on whether or not he should be on the team. This is assuming there are two teams of 6. The main team like previously stated will be the big dogs taking on important clan matches. The other team will play together online representing our clan and showing off our skills to other online users....thus getting some advertisement out there so people will want to join. This way both teams are important to the success of the clan and everyone can have fun while in it. any questions or concerns?
Darthwookie86
Darthwookie86
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadShotx3 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:33 am

I just found out I won't have Wii Speak for two weeks AT MOST after the release. Is this going to be a problem?
HeadShotx3
HeadShotx3
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:46 am

Darthwookie86 wrote:If the Team got to be that big then it would be a great Idea. I personally would like to see a more exclusive clan that is somewhat of a challenge to get into. This way we can keep a good reputation buy bringing in really good players. Everyone that is in the clan now is in for sure. But if some one decides to quit then we will have a tryout to fill the 12th spot. Or if there is someone no one is getting along with or someone that everyone can agree is bringing the team down in some way or another could be voted off by clan members. When holding tryouts all clan members could play with the person trying out, allowing them to cast a vote on whether or not he should be on the team. This is assuming there are two teams of 6. The main team like previously stated will be the big dogs taking on important clan matches. The other team will play together online representing our clan and showing off our skills to other online users....thus getting some advertisement out there so people will want to join. This way both teams are important to the success of the clan and everyone can have fun while in it. any questions or concerns?

I agree with DarkWookie, I like exclusive clans. But I don't think it's gonna be that way for some reason. I think we already have over 12 members. I think we should cap it at 18 before this gets out of hand.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthwookie86 Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:06 am

I agree! we need to figure this out before allowing anyone else to join. whether it be alot of members or few. We need to compramize on something and get this clan ready to mobalize.
Darthwookie86
Darthwookie86
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zelda_master_timmy Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

All we really have to do is be really good to be recognized, we dont need to advertise at all really

Im still deciding on how were gonna decide on who plays and all, before I make my decision Ill let everyone know whats going on though incase theres any problems
zelda_master_timmy
zelda_master_timmy
Clan Leader/Admin
Clan Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C. J. Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am

These are all good ideas, guys! I think that an elite 12 is a good way to do the top two teams. HOWEVER, if we don't have enough for a third (or fourth) team, then we we will have to hold placement matches during practice.

I say these are the immediate criteria for being one of the 12:
- Must own The Conduit within one-two days of its release
- Must have Wii Speak once The Conduit is attained (I know some people won't be happy with this one, but it's the most efficient way to communicate with one another)
- Be active on the boards and chatbox here
- Be totally sold out to the idea of team work... no lone wolves are needed

That's my spiel for now! Smile
C. J.
C. J.
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

http://www.myspace.com/lovesoamazingmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by im_a_WMD Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:22 pm

^^^^I like that idea. It shows who's really dedicated and stuff. But I'm going out of the country on July 4, so... Crying or Very sad
im_a_WMD
im_a_WMD
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:46 pm

I like CJ's idea too. But Wii Speak....Hmm, I need some money then.

Besides that, I have a decent chance a being an elite if we follow CJ's plan
cheers
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Darthwookie86 wrote:I agree! we need to figure this out before allowing anyone else to join. whether it be alot of members or few. We need to compramize on something and get this clan ready to mobalize.

I agree, Timmy are you gonna cap the number of team members any time soon?
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 pm

C. J. wrote:These are all good ideas, guys! I think that an elite 12 is a good way to do the top two teams. HOWEVER, if we don't have enough for a third (or fourth) team, then we we will have to hold placement matches during practice.

I say these are the immediate criteria for being one of the 12:
- Must own The Conduit within one-two days of its release
- Must have Wii Speak once The Conduit is attained (I know some people won't be happy with this one, but it's the most efficient way to communicate with one another)
- Be active on the boards and chatbox here
- Be totally sold out to the idea of team work... no lone wolves are needed

That's my spiel for now! Smile

Agreed, teamwork is the key to success.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zelda_master_timmy Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Levi wrote:
Darthwookie86 wrote:I agree! we need to figure this out before allowing anyone else to join. whether it be alot of members or few. We need to compramize on something and get this clan ready to mobalize.

I agree, Timmy are you gonna cap the number of team members any time soon?

Yeah like 15 people should be fine. I got 2 more people coming. Having 15 people will mean that there will always be a decent number of people on.
zelda_master_timmy
zelda_master_timmy
Clan Leader/Admin
Clan Leader/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next