Team IGN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii?

+4
IceMario92
Link
Levi
Super Smash Bros. Fan
8 posters

Go down

What do you think of the Wii?

What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_lcap0%What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_lcap14%What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_lcap36%What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_lcap14%What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_lcap0%What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_lcap7%What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? Empty What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii?

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 pm

In this thread, you can discuss anything about your opinion on the Wii on why you like and dislike the Wii. Give out reasonable explination on why you enjoy the Wii or dislike the Wii and provide it in much details as possible. Blunt responses, be it positive or negitive are not allowed (Negitive responses are especially bad.). I'll start out with my opinion.

Personally, I think the Wii is an great console. Being the first to take advantage of motion controls correctly gave us the feeling that we're actually doing something and Wii MotionPlus helps out even more. This is the first console in where online is finally available for Nintendo console, which is steadily improving. I also like the large selection of Wii games available, plus Nintendo usually puts out great games for the system. The game library is decent.

However, it's not perfect. For example, the Virtual Console has been going downhill lately, mainly due to one-game week, and it doesn't look like it'll pick up anytime soon.

What is your opinion on the Wii? I set up a poll also, please vote! If you don't like your choice, you may cancel your previous vote and vote again.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? Empty Re: What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii?

Post by Levi Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

great. i think nintendo was in a rush to release it and should have added more to it.
Levi
Levi
Team IGN Member/Moderator

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii? Empty Re: What is your opinion on the Nintendo Wii?

Post by Link Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Levi wrote:great. i think nintendo was in a rush to release it and should have added more to it.

Same here. But then again, they might announce Wii HD.
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceMario92 Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:09 pm

well I think its great simply because of the nintendo characters.
SMG was great. SSBB i liked(not as good as melee but has way more content, even 360/ps3 owners love it unless they dont like ssb period)

mk wii- grand prix(150cc and mirror) is broken. also no co-op grand prix. cheap ai and items. its good that you should expect to get an item to block a computer's items. too many lightnings, stars, blue shells used in one race. IF U MESS UP YOU CANT EVEN RETRY. you have to quit and go to character selection again!!!!!! but muliplayer is great. battle only has coin runners and balloon battle. U ALWAYS HAVE TIME AND HAVE TO PLAY AGAINST COMPUTERS! online no lagg. retro tracks. capt. falcons ride appears.

metroid prime 3 -never played it yet.

LoZ TW was great i was stuck in the water temple.

wii fit was great and very accurate.

re:umbrella chronicles was ok. it was annoying that you always have to aim at the zombie head and when u hit their body,legs, or arms nothing happens.
IceMario92
IceMario92
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickthestick2 Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I voted it as amazing. Not only is the console simply great because of its retail, virtual console and WiiWare games that provide an ever-growing pool of beautiful content, but its take on interactive entertainment is just... revolutionary.

I see the Wii as the one console to truly do what it was made out to do. PS3 was supposed to dominate the industry in popularity, 3rd-party favor, and sales like its predecessor and failed, miserably (in regards to its goals). The 360 is just an average HD-console that one would expect from generation doing all the "generic" and common things.

But the Wii is an actual gaming revolution. It changed the course of the industry from focusing on graphical and processing power to focusing more on user interface and control. I mean it made Microsoft and Sony announce motion controls, when people were thinking the opposite (that Nintendo was going to announce a Wii HD).

Wii not only changed the way games are perceived, but actually expanded the "sphere of gaming". Nintendo has succesfully gotten the real mature audience to play video games as well as a lot more females to play games. It's done so much more than any other console I know of (besides the NES and Atari). That's what makes it Amazing.
rickthestick2
rickthestick2
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

rickthestick2 wrote:I voted it as amazing. Not only is the console simply great because of its retail, virtual console and WiiWare games that provide an ever-growing pool of beautiful content, but its take on interactive entertainment is just... revolutionary.

I see the Wii as the one console to truly do what it was made out to do. PS3 was supposed to dominate the industry in popularity, 3rd-party favor, and sales like its predecessor and failed, miserably (in regards to its goals). The 360 is just an average HD-console that one would expect from generation doing all the "generic" and common things.

But the Wii is an actual gaming revolution. It changed the course of the industry from focusing on graphical and processing power to focusing more on user interface and control. I mean it made Microsoft and Sony announce motion controls, when people were thinking the opposite (that Nintendo was going to announce a Wii HD).

Wii not only changed the way games are perceived, but actually expanded the "sphere of gaming". Nintendo has succesfully gotten the real mature audience to play video games as well as a lot more females to play games. It's done so much more than any other console I know of (besides the NES and Atari). That's what makes it Amazing.

Well said... Well said...
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:52 pm

rickthestick2 wrote:I voted it as amazing. Not only is the console simply great because of its retail, virtual console and WiiWare games that provide an ever-growing pool of beautiful content, but its take on interactive entertainment is just... revolutionary.

(clap hands for 10 seconds).
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by im_a_WMD Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:15 pm

LOL, this is beyond mature.
im_a_WMD
im_a_WMD
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Update you might be intrested in. The first negitive votes on the Wii has been put in. This proves that not everyone likes the Wii.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzapie7 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:49 am

Bad.

Just plain Bad.

The games are horrible compared to other consoles, as are the graphics. It had 2 or 3 good online games (depending on what you feel about Kart or Brawl). The only thing that saves it is the fact that its made by Nintendo.

To expand on the horrible library of games, the other two consoles have less characters to work with (360 has Master Chief, and Dom...;PS3 has Snake and Ratchet and Crash [if you even consider Crash good anymore]), yet they still come out with better games, even if they have no sequel. There are 8 above average games I can think of for the wii:

1. Galaxy
2. Mario Kart
3. Brawl
4. That Metroid Game
5. No More Heroes
6. Madworld
7. LoZTP
8. Conduit

The only reason the Wii has lived this long is that Nintendo is making money off of getting new gamers who don't care about gameplay or online play or other important stuff, but just want an easy waste of time.

/rant

*puts up flameshield*
pizzapie7
pizzapie7
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:40 am

pizzapie7 wrote:Bad.

Just plain Bad.

The games are horrible compared to other consoles, as are the graphics. It had 2 or 3 good online games (depending on what you feel about Kart or Brawl). The only thing that saves it is the fact that its made by Nintendo.

To expand on the horrible library of games, the other two consoles have less characters to work with (360 has Master Chief, and Dom...;PS3 has Snake and Ratchet and Crash [if you even consider Crash good anymore]), yet they still come out with better games, even if they have no sequel. There are 8 above average games I can think of for the wii:

1. Galaxy
2. Mario Kart
3. Brawl
4. That Metroid Game
5. No More Heroes
6. Madworld
7. LoZTP
8. Conduit

The only reason the Wii has lived this long is that Nintendo is making money off of getting new gamers who don't care about gameplay or online play or other important stuff, but just want an easy waste of time.

/rant

First of all, it's "Ratchet and Clank"

and I think your right

LOL, "flameshield"

*puts up flameshield*
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by 2kpwn4r Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:26 pm

it's okay, could have been way better but still "sufficient"
2kpwn4r
2kpwn4r
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down