Team IGN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does TC support WAN?

+3
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Neoxon
Levi
7 posters

Go down

Does TC support WAN? Empty Does TC support WAN?

Post by Levi Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Does the Conduit support WAN?

basically wireless LAN.
Levi
Levi
Team IGN Member/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Does TC support WAN? Empty Re: Does TC support WAN?

Post by Neoxon Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Levi wrote:Does the Conduit support WAN?

basically wireless LAN.

It was, but Nintendo made HVS take it out.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Neoxon wrote:
Levi wrote:Does the Conduit support WAN?

basically wireless LAN.

It was, but Nintendo made HVS take it out.

Which means no local mutiplayer. Lame.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:20 pm

WTF! why is Nintendo being so gay towards HVS?
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Levi wrote:WTF! why is Nintendo being so gay towards HVS?

I think the main reason is because they don't want this game to be rated M, which thankfully didn't happen. Neverthless, this was an stupid decision.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by im_a_WMD Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Nintendo was jealous, IMO.
im_a_WMD
im_a_WMD
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C. J. Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Because, God forbid, a third-party game takes the cake and has more hype than any Wii-built game to-date.

Just like Nintendo has "rules" for who you can and cannot talk to using WiiSpeak-- only friend and friends of friends.

Just like you have to go about doing friend codes in a roundabout, idiotic way. Nintendo's regulation.

They've embraced the realm and concept of the casual gaming experience so much that they've ruined any chance for a different approach toward gaming.

I am not against Nintendo; they have a full and rich history of wonderful games. But they should let third-party companies engineers games that the said third-party company wishes. What can I say? I'm a libertarian? cheers
C. J.
C. J.
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

http://www.myspace.com/lovesoamazingmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:25 pm

C. J. wrote:Because, God forbid, a third-party game takes the cake and has more hype than any Wii-built game to-date.

Just like Nintendo has "rules" for who you can and cannot talk to using WiiSpeak-- only friend and friends of friends.

Just like you have to go about doing friend codes in a roundabout, idiotic way. Nintendo's regulation.

They've embraced the realm and concept of the casual gaming experience so much that they've ruined any chance for a different approach toward gaming.

I am not against Nintendo; they have a full and rich history of wonderful games. But they should let third-party companies engineers games that the said third-party company wishes. What can I say? I'm a libertarian? cheers

Well said, my friend.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 am

C. J. wrote:Because, God forbid, a third-party game takes the cake and has more hype than any Wii-built game to-date.

you read my mind.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:00 am

Normally, I hate it when people complain about Nintendo, but this time, you are so right. While I do like friend codes (Mainly since I've never experience gamertags.), why are we only allow to talk with friend and friends of friends? That's going to chip off points.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:52 am

nintendo just loves to cater to whoever makes them money, in this case, the mainstream crowd.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Levi wrote:nintendo just loves to cater to whoever makes them money, in this case, the mainstream crowd.

Which is the casual gamers.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickthestick2 Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Levi wrote:nintendo just loves to cater to whoever makes them money, in this case, the mainstream crowd.

It's actually because Nintendo is not being threatened by it. Believe it or not, Nintendo (and any other company that has an inkling of common sense) does not like it when their customers are not happy. But that doesn't mean that they can please each and every one of their consumers, so in Nintendo's case the majority rules.

It just so happens to be that Nintendo's core customers, their loyal fans, are by no means the majority anymore; we are a small minority in Nintendo's eyes. With that said however, Nintendo cares about its core more than its 'expanded audience' when seen in regards to statistical proportion. So if core Nintendo fans start 'screaming' out the problem with the fried code institution and spread the word to the rest of Nintendo's audience than Nintendo will comply. Just like they did with the storage solution and voice chat.

And there's no point in blaming 'casual' gamers. Casual is just the way you play a game, not a race or a kind of person.
rickthestick2
rickthestick2
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 pm

rickthestick2 wrote:

It's actually because Nintendo is not being threatened by it. Believe it or not, Nintendo (and any other company that has an inkling of common sense) does not like it when their customers are not happy. But that doesn't mean that they can please each and every one of their consumers, so in Nintendo's case the majority rules.

It just so happens to be that Nintendo's core customers, their loyal fans, are by no means the majority anymore; we are a small minority in Nintendo's eyes. With that said however, Nintendo cares about its core more than its 'expanded audience' when seen in regards to statistical proportion. So if core Nintendo fans start 'screaming' out the problem with the fried code institution and spread the word to the rest of Nintendo's audience than Nintendo will comply. Just like they did with the storage solution and voice chat.

And there's no point in blaming 'casual' gamers. Casual is just the way you play a game, not a race or a kind of person.

This. Very logical.
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:23 pm

im_a_WMD wrote:

Nintendo was jealous, IMO.

They won't let others use a feature used in Battalion Wars 2.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm

rickthestick2 wrote:

Well said indeed. However, I actually like the friend code system, just that I don't want it to limit a game online capability.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:58 pm

I think your the first person that I've heard say they liked the friend code system.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Levi wrote:I think your the first person that I've heard say they liked the friend code system.

From a non-casual, yes. That would be a different story if I had expereince Gamertags before. Good thing I didn't.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 pm

I guess, but gamertags just make sense, I can't believe nintendo didn't take a cue.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:51 am

Ok guys since this question has been answered, topic closed.
Levi
Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum