Team IGN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homebrew, Good or Bad

+4
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Link
jjvirus
pizzapie7
8 posters

Go down

Homebrew, Good or Bad Empty Homebrew, Good or Bad

Post by pizzapie7 Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:56 pm

What's your opinion on the Homebrew Channel, and hacking in general?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you aren't messing up other peoples gaming experience.
pizzapie7
pizzapie7
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Homebrew, Good or Bad Empty Re: Homebrew, Good or Bad

Post by jjvirus Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:34 pm

It's fine. All it does is add a little twist to those seeking more. I like it Smile
jjvirus
jjvirus
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Homebrew. IS AWESOME! Unless people hack. Sad
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:55 am

I want to use it, but I'm afraid it'll damage my computer, and that it's illegal. Because Nintendo (More specificly, Nintendo Of America) is afraid of the law, yet get sued every week, don't be surprise if the next update blocks all use of Homebrew, and still get sued like **** for not doing it early enough.

Coming up next week! Nintendo get sued for having Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on the Virtual Console with it's original contents. They are demanded to take it off ASAP. How come Microsoft and Sony never get sued? They're the one that deserve's it, not Nintendo! And for the Wii injuries, that's the people fault for not following instruction, not Nintendo.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzapie7 Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:39 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote: don't be surprise if the next update blocks all use of Homebrew,

It tried to, but the hackers found a way to downgrade back.
pizzapie7
pizzapie7
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:51 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I want to use it, but I'm afraid it'll damage my computer, and that it's illegal. Because Nintendo (More specificly, Nintendo Of America) is afraid of the law, yet get sued every week, don't be surprise if the next update blocks all use of Homebrew, and still get sued like **** for not doing it early enough.

Coming up next week! Nintendo get sued for having Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on the Virtual Console with it's original contents. They are demanded to take it off ASAP. How come Microsoft and Sony never get sued? They're the one that deserve's it, not Nintendo! And for the Wii injuries, that's the people fault for not following instruction, not Nintendo.

It won't damage your computer, and it isn't illegal. And if there's a update you can easily block it.
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoxon Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 am

Don't use the Homebrew Channel.
Neoxon
Neoxon
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jjvirus Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I want to use it, but I'm afraid it'll damage my computer, and that it's illegal. Because Nintendo (More specificly, Nintendo Of America) is afraid of the law, yet get sued every week, don't be surprise if the next update blocks all use of Homebrew, and still get sued like **** for not doing it early enough.

You must REALLY like Nintendo <.<
jjvirus
jjvirus
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakose Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:44 am

Link wrote:

It won't damage your computer, and it isn't illegal. And if there's a update you can easily block it.
Yes, homebrew is completely harmless to your wii as long as it's NTSC[North American]. Also, every single one of nitnendo's updates for the past few months have been failed attempts at stopping homebrew. Even if you do manage to update a patch that can stop twilight hack, you can still find many other exploits in other games.
Drakose
Drakose
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Homebrew is cool and all, but I prefer to keep my wii clean. I mean who DOESN'T want the updates. The last major update was really important. It will enable DLC in TC 2. Homebrew fun I guess, but I don't want to risk bricking my system if Nintendo takes drastic measures
Levi
Levi
Team IGN Member/Moderator
Team IGN Member/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Strife Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:11 pm

If the black wii is released over here, i think i will use the old one for homebrew and the black one for playing xD
Strife
Strife
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakose Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Levi wrote:Homebrew is cool and all, but I prefer to keep my wii clean. I mean who DOESN'T want the updates. The last major update was really important. It will enable DLC in TC 2. Homebrew fun I guess, but I don't want to risk bricking my system if Nintendo takes drastic measures

That update didn't affect homebrew
Drakose
Drakose
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Drakose123 wrote:
Levi wrote:Homebrew is cool and all, but I prefer to keep my wii clean. I mean who DOESN'T want the updates. The last major update was really important. It will enable DLC in TC 2. Homebrew fun I guess, but I don't want to risk bricking my system if Nintendo takes drastic measures

Yeah it did. They got rid of the Twilight Hack, but we replaced it with Bannerbomb.
Link
Team IGN Member
Team IGN Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakose Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Link wrote:
Drakose123 wrote:

Yeah it did. They got rid of the Twilight Hack, but we replaced it with Bannerbomb.
It affected twilight hack, which is what they were always after, but it didn't affect homebrew.
Drakose
Drakose
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down